Monday, October 22, 2007

Switching Gears

Hello All,

I've started this blog wanting it to be a place for posts of personal nature, relating to my endeavours in the tech space. But as my endeavours went, I got too angry watching and reading about tens of companies receiving Series A, B, C, D, E,F round of financing from Venture Capitalist companies. What angried me the most was the fact that most of these had ideas that any normal person would call stupid, dumb, stultifying, not worthy of anyones attention. However, as we all know, all you have to do to receive millions of dollars in financing is get a dumb idea, move to Silicon Valley, knock on VCs doors and they will gladly spew out a few rounds in financing for you to get your expensive office, buy a porsche and close shop a year or two after you opened it.

Sure there are some that make it, or even offer some innovative ideas, but most just burn through the cash and die. Why do VCs waste their money on these brainless 'innovators, founders, creators'? Why?.

So in this blog I will vent about the new and existing web/tech 2.0 companies that should never have gotten funding from anyone, even the founders grand mother.

By the way, my inspirition comes from Hani at BileBlog (for all the anger) and TechCrunch (The list of suspects).

Until next time.

T.

No comments: